All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a school meal at no charge because of the government initiative to provide a meal at lunchtime for children in Key Stage 1 and Foundation Stage. Children in Years 3-6 who’s parent/ carer receives certain qualifying benefits, may claim for Free School Meals.
The benefits are:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IB JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit (only during the 4 week period immediately after their employment finishes).
The cost of the meals to all other parents is:
£2.20 per meal or £11.00 per week.
Please pay for dinners on a Monday for the week or in advance for the term or half-term. You can pay for your dinners by following the Parent Pay link below.
For more information and up to date menus within the Bishop Chadwick Education Trust please see below: