All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a school meal at no charge because of the government initiative to provide a meal at lunchtime for children in Key Stage 1 and Foundation Stage. Children in Years 3-6 who’s parent/ carer receives certain qualifying benefits, may claim for Free School Meals.
The benefits are:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IB JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit (only during the 4 week period immediately after their employment finishes).
The cost of the meals to all other parents is:
£2.20 per meal or £11.00 per week.
Please pay for dinners on a Monday for the week or in advance for the term or half-term. You can pay for your dinners by following the Parent Pay link below.
ADD PARENT PAY link logo
For more information about school meals and up to date menus within South Tyneside please click here.